In 2007, Eugene Gorokhov, then a solo practitioner, and Charles Burnham, then a young public defender, collaborated to successfully defend a homeless man charged with trespassing. In 2009, we founded Burnham & Gorokhov, PLLC, with the goal of providing the highest level of representation to the criminally accused. We pride ourselves on hard work, dedication to our clients, and a record of successful results, including:
- All charges dismissed against our client after two years of litigation in the largest individual prosecution in the history of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- All charges dismissed against our client after 18 months of litigation in an alleged multimillion-dollar fraud scheme involving African gold mines
- A negotiated plea bargain in espionage prosecution in the Southern District of New York for the release of our client in the largest spy exchange since the end of the Cold War
- The only firm ever to win back-to-back cases against the Civil Commitment Section of the Virginia Attorney General's office
- Numerous federal investigations resolved without charges, favorable plea bargains, substantial downward departures at sentencing, and other favorable resolutions
Recognized for Excellence
Partners Charles Burnham and Eugene Gorokhov selected by Super Lawyers as "Rising Stars" in Criminal Defense.