Founded by partners Charles Burnham and Eugene Gorokhov, we are a litigation boutique located in Washington, D.C. We specialize in defending white collar crimes, and have successfully represented numerous clients facing federal criminal charges such as: bribery, fraud, foreign corruption, espionage, controlled substance act violations, and more. We pride ourselves on hard work, dedication to our clients, and a record of successful results.
Dedicated to Criminal Defense
We focus exclusively on defending individuals accused of crimes. Our attorneys are admitted to practice in Washington, D.C., and Virginia, and regularly handle cases in federal court in Virginia, D.C., and Maryland. We accept federal criminal cases from all over the country, and also accept criminal cases in the local courts of Washington, D.C., and Virginia. Our practice areas include:
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Federal Criminal Defense
- Federal Investigations and Grand Jury Proceedings
- Federal Sentencing
- D.C. Criminal Defense
- Virginia Criminal Defense
- Appeals and Postconviction Proceedings
Record of Successful Results
- “Not guilty” verdict in a multi-defendant federal jury trial where our client was charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and access device fraud.
- All charges dismissed against our client after two years of litigation in the largest individual prosecution in the history of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- All charges dismissed against our client after 18 months of litigation in an alleged multimillion-dollar fraud scheme involving African gold mines
- A negotiated plea bargain in espionage prosecution in the Southern District of New York for the release of our client in the largest spy exchange since the end of the Cold War
- The only firm ever to win back-to-back cases against the Civil Commitment Section of the Virginia Attorney General’s office
- Numerous federal investigations resolved without charges, favorable plea bargains, substantial downward departures at sentencing, and other favorable resolutions
See our Notable Cases page for more examples of cases we have worked on.
Recognized for Excellence
Partners Charles Burnham and Eugene Gorokhov have been selected by Super Lawyers as “Rising Stars” in Criminal Defense.
Committed to Providing Top-Quality Representation
We view our clients as our best resource and a critical part of our team. Understanding our clients, including the facts of their case, personal background and circumstances, and goals, is an essential part of our strategy for achieving the most successful outcome. For this reason, getting to know and working closely with our clients is a priority in each and every case. By avoiding unnecessary and costly operating expenses, we are able to provide our clients with top-notch defense at rates significantly lower than those of larger law firms.
Speak With An Attorney
Please call our office in Washington, D.C., at 202-386-6920 to schedule a free phone consultation. You can complete our online form if you prefer.